Power & Heat
- Gasifier info: https://wiki.opensourceecology.org/wiki/Gasifier_Burner (take with grain of salt; these people think cars are necessary for civilization)
- Solar cooking
- can rocket stove that looks like a better design than what I've tried in the past. Site also has a good vertical axis wind turbine design, and suggests getting discarded alu sheet from offset-printing / lithography shops
- Lamellar Roof - roof framing w/ cylindrical shape; built from short segments of (usually) dimensional lumber bolted together
Fabrication & Materials
- natural composites
- finishes you can apply while naked
- database of natural materials - mostly bioplastics, geopolymers, and stuff that can act as feedstock for 3d printing
- Origami simulator and more Computational Origami Resources
- e-waste recycling gizmo - grinds ewaste and separates components w/ magnets and eddy current induction
- 3mules - guy travels the west coast with his three mules, living outside!
- $1300 spend on bike lanes in NYC = one quality-adjusted life year when averaged over all city residents.
- car crashes are the #1 cause of death for children in the US - where "children" are people under 19. Car crashes account for 20% of child deaths, with everything firearm-related in second place at 15%.